While mixing this episode, three tornadoes ripped through Jerry’s vicinity, and right after he finished the power went off and didn’t come back on for three days.
Just in case you were wondering why this episode is late — Jerry doesn’t have a backup generator. He’s seriously thinking about getting one now, though. Kind of like buying an alarm system after you’ve been robbed.
Things of interest from the show:
- Which book reviewers do people trust the most? (Hint: they’re not paid for doing the reviews.)
- What is the actual, real Holy Beer?
- Dan and Jerry discuss what it must be like to have an action figure made from your likeness (like Dan’s friend Micheal McShane, who’s likeness is enshrined forever by Kenner Toys)
- Jerry met a guy who’s coffee is being served at The White House.
- Julia Nunes rocking Kickstarter.com and financing her new album.
- The 16 Most Baffling Pieces of Official Merchandise Ever.
- Why are so many people in the general Los Angeles area freakishly beautiful?
- Our friend Pat compiled a table of absinthe ratings and shared them with us: Absinthe Ratings
- What girl ditched Dan during a date, on his birthday, stranding him in San Francisco (90 miles from home).
- Jerry reveals not only what the appeal is for cross dressing, but also exactly where your socks go when they disappear in your drier.